What do murderhobos need alignment for, I wonder?
But I being affected with Compulsive Theming Disorder…. Here’s a new alignment spectrum for my setting.
I find the standard D&D alignment spectrum (law/chaos, good/evil) pretty much pointless, I guess that makes me a hater. Whatever.
The alignment for SiT should help define some of the character’s motives… It’s not about morality, fuck no!
Here’s how I see things:
- clear-cut good vs evil morality is out
- thematic, not axiomatic
- which means, adapting it for SiT: it’s all about dominance, or how one establishes it or reacts toward it
Anarchism versus Elitism
Without any central authority in the City, the powerful truly do whatever they want. I’ll try hard to make it obvious, particularly in the middle stage of the campaign.
- Is social and economic hierarchy inevitable?
- Will you actively try to attract the favors of the elite?
- Given the opportunity, would you become yourself a member of the elite?
- Or would you rather fight against “the system” and its “masters”?
Diplomacy versus Violence
Very often things will come to violence, but it shouldn’t be always the case.
- Will your character insists on a peaceful solution?
- How much efforts (if any) is he ready to make to calm things down?
- Do the sight of flying teeth makes you happy?