We’re back in town, Exile is boring and uncomfortable.
This time we use the Power of Foreknowledge and actually have a *gasp* STRATEGY!
Goal: Kill the Commander
Team: Cragheart (lvl 4), Elementalist (lvl 3), Mindthief (lvl 4), Spellweaver (lvl 4)
First room, we all attack the Elite Archer and ignore the guards.
The Mindthief’s psychic powers convince the Cragheart that he’s not, despite contrary evidence, a plodding rock-person, and he moves all the way to the next room. That obviously takes the garrison by surprise – its much more lightly-defended than in our previous attempt.
I kill one normal archer with a well-placed (2x) manabolt. The Elementalist kills an Elite with a ranged attack of his.
One round later and we’re all re-grouped at the fountain’s room (or is that the eponymous square?). I ride the wind and freeze nova 2 archers. Next is our only hassle of the scenario as the archers pick a 2 targets deck card, severely wounding both me and the Mindthief with their ranged attacks.
- As much as we were far removed from success in our previous attempt, now it was truly a walk in the park (and not because of medium difficulty)
- We used and abused a perfectly legal (but strange) game mechanic whereas enemies don’t appear if there is no more available minis
- I was pretty useless with my SW apart from giving elements to the Elementalist from time to time
- The Cragheart led the charge and implemented efficiently our plan
- The Mindthief did really good damage against the Boss