We’re back in town, Exile is boring and uncomfortable.
This time we use the Power of Foreknowledge and actually have a *gasp* STRATEGY!
Scenario: Square (a)
Cragheart (level 4), Elementalist (level 3), Mindthief (level 4), Spellweaver (level 4)
Set difficulty: medium
First room, we all attack the Elite Archer and ignore the guards.
The Mindthief’s psychic powers convince the Cragheart that he’s not, despite contrary evidence, a plodding rock-person, and he moves all the way to the next room. That obviously takes the garrison by surprise – its much more lightly-defended than in our previous attempt.
I kill one normal archer with a well-placed (2x) manabolt. The Elementalist kills an Elite with a ranged attack too.
One round later and we’re all re-grouped at the fountain’s room (or is that the eponymous square?). I ride the wind and freeze nova 2 archers. Next is our only hassle of the scenario as the archers pick a 2 targets deck card, severely wounding both me and the Mindthief with their ranged attacks.
- As much as we were far removed from success in our previous attempt, now it was truly a walk in the park (and not because of medium difficulty)
- We used and abused a perfectly legal (but strange) game mechanic whereas enemies don’t appear if there is no more available minis
- I was pretty useless with my SW apart from giving elements to the Elementalist from time to time
- The Cragheart led the charge and implemented efficiently our plan
- The Mindthief did really good damage against the Boss