In my version of Port Nyanzaru, here’s my take on the
Already popular when she was a gladiator, she became the de facto leader of the rebels when Port Nyanzaru shook off the Amnian yoke. She would have the support of the people if she made a bid to rule the city by herself but she doesn’t have that kind of ambition.
- City watch
- Garrison of Fort Nyanzaru
- Beloved by the people
- Prevent Tyranny.
- Extend safety to all parts of Port Nyanzaru, not only Walled City
Talro’a betrayed his former masters, the Amnian, and profited greatly from it. He now has some kind of alliance with the Flaming Fist mercenaries. A man of great ambition, a populist too, he won’t stop at anything to amass more power.
- Flaming Fist bodyguards
- The Redhooks (butchers turned enforcers)
- Meat Market
- Dinosaur Ranch
- Grand Coliseum
- Become King of Chult.
The least avant-scène of the Princes, Jessamine’s influence is felt more in hushed tones than in clamorous displays. Her extensive spy network goes beyond Port Nyanzaru.
- Dye Works
- The Purple Hand (assassins)
- Local apothecary
- Exports exotic plants
- Prevent strong rule from happening in Port Nyanzaru
- Eliminate underworld rival Jobal
Since he got out of the jungle with considerable treasure, all by himself, Jobal proceeded to buy the allegiance of one of Old City’s gang of thugs. With his clever leadership, it soon ruled over almost all the other gangs of Old City and Malar’s Throat.
- The Gauntlet
- Gangs: Sons of Malar, Bridgerunners, the True Heirs, the Dirty Talons
- Advance the agenda of his secret benefactors
A beautiful and secretive woman, Kwayothé pledged her life in service to the cruel goddess Shar when she was a barely a teen. Her fierce hate of the colonialist Amnian and her control of dark powers led her to be part of the rebellion but now, many of her former allies feel uneasy about the priestess.
- Temple of Shar
- Topple Chultean aristocracy
- Drive away or kill the Flaming Fist mercenaries
- Stop strangers from plundering Chult’s artefacts
A moderate in all things, except maybe in his passion for women, Wakanga helped the rebellion only because the Amnians persecuted magic-users such as him. A powerful wizard, he comes from a long tradition that teaches that magic must be restricted to a few who pledged to use it with strict rules.
- Mage-hunter tradition
- His magical might is well-known
- Prevent Tyranny.
- Stop strangers from stirring dark forces in the jungle
A rich merchant with aristocratic blood, Zhanti is the consummate diplomat. Her strategic plans are thought as to envision decades of possibilities but she knows she’s not getting any younger.
- Prestigious family
- Civilize a large chunk of Chult
- Put her son Shago as ruler of Port Nyanzaru
- Bring back the Chultean diaspora
- Transform the city into a regional power