The boys had to clean-up their playroom as a condition to play in a rpg session with me. They did a thorough job, talk about a great incentive!
- Fancey Fleetfooted, Wanderer, Anuirean Male lvl 1>>2 (Edmond)
- Ciavey the Peddler, Treasure Hunter, Halfling Male, lvl 1>>2 (Isaac)
- Lucian the Quiet, Scholar, Anuirean Male, lvl 1>>2 (NPC)
- Dragon the Pony
- Death-from-Above, Trained Falcon
SHORT JOURNEY- Moderate Terrain – from Bellam Castle (Barony of Roesone) to Spiritsend Swamp (Duchy of Osoerde)
- Embarkation roll: 10 (Hidden from Shadows)
- Event roll (1): 4 (In need of Help)
- Event roll (2): 4 (In need of help)
- Arrival roll: 8 (Inspired and filled with Hope)
WEATHER – Cold, Clear
Hunting a Troll
The Count of Bellam invited the PCs to a more substantial hunt after they had captured poachers. A TROLL was roaming in the contryside, terrorizing everybody. Several patrols were sent after the monster and the PCs joined one. Fancey soon found tracks and not much later they stumbled upon the remains of a slain bear. It so happened that their own patrol found the troll (10% chance)! Peppering it with arrows with another handful of archers, they managed to wound it enough so that soldiers with spears could close-in, immobilize it before dousing it with oil and killing it with fire… 4 soldiers were grievously wounded by the troll. It went well.
The Rebels of Osoerde
An agent of the Spider River Traders convinced the PCs to bring weapons across the border, in the duchy of Osoerde. William Moergen, the true heir of Osoerde, is leading a desperate guerilla war against his late father’s ex-lieutenant, the usurper Jaison Raenech. He’s presently hidden in the Spiritsend Swamp. The Rendez-vous is just outside the swamp at its most western part.
Leaving Bellam county, the PCs walked on a sinuous road through a hilly region before reaching the farmlands of Osoerde. A few hours in and they can see a dwarven caravan being assaulted by miners-turned-bandits. Well positioned on the slope above the ambush, Fancey and Ciavey quickly kill 3 bandits with arrows and then manage to kill the bandit leader with 2 more arrows. The surviving bandits surrender and are free to leave. Mazzik, on behalf of the grateful Dwarves, gives a nice helm to Ciavey.
A few hours later, horseriders want to know the PCs’ business in Osoerde but silver-tongued Ciavey convince the patrolmen of their legitimacy.
The PCs arrive at a small, isolated village that suffers from a plague of swampfever. Lucian knows what kind of healing herbs could help them, if they ever find any.
They finally arrived at the rendez-vous point and were proceeding to the exchange when shouts alarmed them of an incoming enemy patrol. The PCs and rebels fled in the Spiritsend Swamp and evaded the duke’s men.
- The Troll killed the bear gratuitously, meaning its truly a monster and deserving of death.
- The PCs are almost out of arrows from all that shooting
- 2 hours is about the max I can do if we’re to play with Edmond, not bad at all