Characters (Seven Associates)
- Flyzus, Wood Elf Ranger (Hunter), Outlander; sole survivor of his tribe after an orc invasion
- Varis, Drow Elf Rogue (Thief), Far traveller; exiled scion of a noble family on the losing side of a feud
- Lucky, Half-Elf Cleric of Tymora (Trickery), Street Urchin; the lowly will be exalted
- Shin, Tabaxi Fighter (Arcane Archer), Outlander; big-game hunter, has no patience for weakness
- Pocor, Human Druid (Circle of Spores), Outlander; member of Chultan Diaspora, returned to his roots, literally
Back to the adventure…
Against the Pirates
Both “Prince” Zhanti and her son Shago had a strong interest in defeating the pirates that scourged the Seas around Port Nyanzaru which after all, is a MARITIME city. They had a plan to inflict a first blow and, of course, it involved using the Seven Associates. The PCs would accompany a selected force on board of a seemingly vulnerable merchant ship.
Hidden in the cargo hold, they waited for the pirates to find them, cramped quarters being the main foe in the meantime.
- Capture at least a few pirates
- Capture the Captain
- Capture the pirate ship
Capturing a Stirge
The pirates did showed up, who would’ve thought (how boring would it have been otherwise!)? The pirate ship had a kind of giant mosquito on its flag revealing that they were the prey of the Stirge!
The false merchant ship did try a token escape tentative so it wouldn’t look too suspicious. The pirates boarded as the crew on deck seemingly surrendered. Half a dozen men were sent below to take a look on the merchandises. The Cleric of Tymora had prepared a nice trick of his own: a Zone of silence, so that when the hidden ambushers jumped on the surprised pirates, it did not alert their comrades above. Next, the pirates’ second in command, a burly Orc, went below to see what took so long. He had time to swing his large cleaver at Flyzus once, wounding the Wood Elf, before he was cut down too.
The already suspicious pirate captain, still oblivious to what happened, decided then to listen to his instincts and called a retreat, dashing back to his own ship. The PCs and their allies rushed at once, throwing grappling hooks as the pirates tried to cut free. Two planks were still in place and fierce fighting ensued. The pirates were now outnumbered but a priest of Umberlee amongst them managed to summon a water elemental in the hope of turning the tide (!).
With the Tabaxi firing arrows after arrows from the crow’s nest and the battle for the planks going in favor of his opponents, despite the water elemental’s fierce contribution, the pirate captain decided to surrender.
The priest of Umberlee jumped in the water, disappearing under the waves.
- The Stirge and its crew comes from ToA
- The PCs found some valuables, including an old Omuan tapestry
- reward: 2000 gp or a first payment if the PCs want to keep the ship