- Flyzus, Wood Elf Ranger (hunter), Outlander; sole survivor of his tribe after an orc invasion
- Varis, Drow Rogue (thief), Far traveller; exiled scion of a noble family on the losing side of a feud
- Droidoc, Halfling Druid (circle of the land), Outlander; was there when Camp Righteous fell, now he’s a cannibalistic loony
The PCs are now very near their objective (the grung village) but they’ve decided to sidetrack a little, following the clues found on a dead to explorer that lead to a place called “Firefinger“.
Angry Green Grung (1)
River – N-C encounter
Brandishing a stick and yelling at them, the green grung standing on a rock didn’t seem too happy to see the PCs. Unfortunately, none of them had any means to understand or communicate with the frogman. (2)
Leeches, they suck
River – Combat
Rapids in the river forced the PCs to portage again but while they were getting their canoe out of the water, two Giant Leeches attacked them. The PCs killed the creatures and kept going, less a pint or two of blood.
I Needed Boots
River – Combat
A huge Constrictor Snake sprang from under the water and tried to get away with one passenger but ever-alert Droidoc reacted quickly, shapeshifting into a snake himself. The confusing battle left once again the PCs as victors. (3)
6 arms is better than 4
Jungle – Camp – Combat
Now the PCs had got out of the river and hid their canoe expertly. They were a day’s walk from the Firefinger they wished to find. Setting camp attracted the attention of a local resident. Varis poisoned bolt hampered greatly the monstrous 4-armed ape’s combat ability. A moment later, after a quick melee, the severely wounded Girallon tried to flee but the PCs, as usual, were having none of it.
Day 8, morning (end of session)
Walking through the dense vegetation, the PCs spotted two parrotbears (4) a mere 200 feet away. The pair was moving directly toward them so the PCs prepared for battle. First, Droidoc cast a Spike Growth spell. One parrotbear moved directly through it, taking full damage, while the other circled around. Varis and Flyzus shot at range the wounded beast, killing it. The surviving parrotbear, far from dissuaded, charged its foes but soon rejoined its mate as worms food.
- Grungs or gripplis, I don’t really care, all I know is that I don’t want them to be yet another evil humanoid race
- Just a bit of foreshadowing
- we we’re playing sunday morning with a 12 hrs session the day before, this part is a little hazy for me…
- refluffed owlbears, cause jungle…